Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 1:48 PM

inb

tum

ny

- v inb

tumb

Sat <3 Thank you for this face

spoc

Trying to get a healing event centering womxn + femmes of color for Sunday. Until then: organized

tumb

are we not doing as far as we can?doing all that we can

merely to survive ca

face

in

bernie sanders cr

why didn’t bernie win

tum

f

Thank you!

obama planned

face

WITNESS WI WITNESS “”’ Wow. Davida. I wish I could return the love find a way to return the love that you give to me back to you. Love you deep.

fu

f

lol but you can ignore the fact that you benefit from the racist, white supremacist institution that put this man in office

gross

thanks to all the white-presenting folks on this thread owning up to their privilege and responsibility <3

WITNESS popular vote

inb

Thank you for putting this together, Asia! It was a wonderful group. 3232 Hi Michelle!

Thank you for reaching out. I look forward to hearing more.

I have also been searching out independent sources of funding, and I just found out about a grant through Artist Trust called the Arts Innovator grant. I would love to have a recommendation letter from you Because I will largely be talking about this exhibition in my proposal, to submit with my application.

The application is due in 4 days, which I know is short notice, and you also aren’t overly familiar with my work, so if

that could help me be more stable while building a body of work for this show you are willing, I could write a skeleton letter that you could tweak/personalize.

Let me know!

Satpreet

This is what they ask for: either way! f

f

tum

seattle,

face

Don’t give me your words. Let me see your actions. us your words. Let us see your actions to upend an institution that has benefited you and your ancestors at the direct detriment of us and our ancestors I’m tired of wordWITNESS Perfect.

I’ll draft something right now.

Thank you!

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:03 PM

Denial. Crying and denial and long walks and ignoring work. I’m so lucky that I don’t have to go into a place of work.

How about you?

My show for SOIL is happening, so I’m trying(Any chance you can email me the letter of recommendation you wrote for me? I need to write a skeleton of one for You shI know. I left the house once outside of taking walks to go have dinner with a friend and was fine all day and then as soon as I got on the bus I started crying. /numb

Because that’s the time to start crying Yes. Very real danger

I can’t imagine how undocumented families are feeling right now. So scary. Oof.

either

dhglsjahfsdga

ANy good news to share?

Even small small things?

:) yes

went for a walk to the top of the hill in Magnolia and i could see the whole city wih a dense layer of fog over it and all the boats were using their foghorns which is such a good sound because it’s almost like whales

:) aawww

And I just got the executive director at the wing to agree to “write” me a recommendation letter for a grant (I have to write it for her pretty much, but still)

Um. I don’t have any, really

I want blankets and soft lighting and food and for people to read to each other

Yeah

yeah music could be awesome toow

I have a small but good speaker

With an aux cord

I think I’ll just make a really loose event page asking people to bring their comfiest selves and snacks and a favorite poem. Is that enough?

Okay, thank you!

When are you leavinHow is Steven Okay. Is the wedding going to be a good place for you to be?

Supportive?

Understanding?

oh god

i’m sorry

Yes. Good.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:05 PM

faceface

we are most of us are complicit to this system. there are little things we can do to change it. moving our money to credit unions and PoC owned institutions,

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Yes. Me too. Take care of yourself this weekend.

Oh. Can you send me the recommendation letter you wrote for me? I don’t know how to begin to write a letter for myself, so I think looking at yours could help

And also then I caOkay, thank you.

Seriously take care of yourself

Love you!

omg got michelle at the wing to agree to write me the letter, since i dind’t get a response from davi

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:10 PM

writing a recommendation l face

inb

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Dear Arts Innovator Award Selection Panel,

-Intro

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM

haha you’re crazy haha okay, thanks :)

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM

fa

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:21 PM

Who you are

Relationship

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM

how to write

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM

It is my absolute pleasure to write a recommendation forrecommend Satpreet Kahlon for the Arts Innovator Award.

with great pleasuer that I

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:24 PM

omg girl.

forget about it

I’ll ask someone else.

This is like too much trouble for you

Okay. But if you can’t find it, seriously don’t worry abou it. I can figure this out. It’s just like… how do I write 500 words of praise for myself? Ugh. And I don’t really know this person, so I don’t know how they speak/write. It’s the director of Wing Luke and I’m trying to get money for wor

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:25 PM

I first became acquainted with Satpreet’s work thro

As Ex

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:29 PM

YES! So. I am applying for a big grant and they ask for only one letter of recommendation. So I needed a big name. So I asked Steve at Pratt. But he emailed me back a few nights ago (I asked about two weeks ago) and said that he’s out of town. So is out of town. So And since I am going to be using some of the funding for a gorup show coming up at Wing Luke, I decided to ask the Executiive Director of the museum

But I don’t really know her, so I offered to draft something, and she said yes

SO basically I am drafting something that she will personalize/tweak. UghI offered to do this, but why?

I retracted my request from Davida because I realized that it’s really not the time for me to be asking her to do more work for me. But said she would, so it’s all good.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:30 PM

ecutive Director of the Wing Luke Museum in Seattle, I have been working with Satpreet gun working with Satpreet hibition

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:31 PM

cool — no pressure but I appreciate it

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:31 PM

face

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:32 PM

at on a new exhibition

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM

face

t

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:33 PM

A Place of Rage

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 2:41 PM

developing a new exhibiton entitled Lore

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:06 PM

inb

clyde pete sego.h

tw

am

hbo

vee f

f

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:07 PM

the

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:29 PM

f

bakcstreethbakstreet boy tweet am i sexual

in

lore

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM

In her work, Satpreet the short time that I am very excited to be working with Satpreet, not only because her work, which innovative in both technique and concept, is so relevant to the state of art and politics today, but also because, in the short time that she has been in Seattle, she has been able to establish herself as an emerging talent with so much to offer to the Seattle art scene.

is In the past year, Satpreet has created four new bodies of work that have continued to the bounary of art, craft, and access. By combining craft materials and practices with formalistic fine art aesethtics, Satpreet bridges the gap between the art and craft world, while also speaking to the insurlar and often exclusive state of the ceontmporary art world e had four solo shows, and each new body of workhas and techniques and concepts art and craft in a thoughtful, evocative way and unique She addresses the idea of access and value, both through material language, and by bringing the experiences of marginalized communities into white box gallery spaces.

Because of its innovative nature, Satpreet’s work is not very salable,

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:40 PM

salable def

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM

and her commitment to community engagement and involvement requires more resources for her to continue to develop and perfect. The Arts Innovator Award would give her the stability and time that she needs to continue to grow her practice and capabilities as an artist who is willing to have hard conversations while also pushing boundaries with materials and techniques.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:42 PM

word count

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:53 PM

In the coming year, I am greatly looking forward to continuing to work with Satpreet as she delves into more in-depth and ambitious creating bodies of work. Havin established herself as a talented and prolific artist in Washington state, she is well-poised to move onto the next step of her career. The money and prestige from the Arts Innovator Award will help make this transition as ease the burdern on her to make this transition alone. y that will be displayed at the WIng Luke Museum , but a lack of financial stability makes this difficult for her to do on her own as she makes this transition, and will help her focus on her strengths: making work that not only pushes the way we think about art, but also challenges the way we think about the world.

on pushing her art practice

the continual growth and expansion of her art practice.

PLease feel free to contact me should you like to discuss Satpreet’s experience further. and qualifications

of n With each new body of work that Satpreet develops, she invents her own techniques and material language to communicate visually her conceptual ideas. This kind of innovation is very exciting, but it requires time and resources. Also because

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM

Hi Michelle!

Here is the draft. It was very strange writing so many good things about myself, and of course feel free to change/erase/add whatever you want, just keep in mind that it has to be under 500 words w

(we are at 444 right now).

Thank you again for doing this.

I really appreciate it.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Recommendation Letter

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 3:57 PM

Yes, thank you!

Okay. I wrote the letter. So no need to search for yours! Thank you though! :)

Recorded on program exit on Thursday, November 10, 2016 at 4:23 PM