Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:34 AM

twerk

f

omg asian elders trolling the british so hard. “oh wooowww. ur ppl are sooo beautiful.” “ew thats food? gross thats so gross.” “Do you speak Mandarin? DO. YOU. SPEAK. MANDARIN. I SAID DO—“

everything is so cheap here. ur ppl must make so little i am imagining

I love the words ronuk and familiaronuk <3 ronuk meaning

in

dr.spatula@gmail.com

gaping cups bra

best bra for small

inb

chiek

meeting up this week? wanna have a work date this week?

i gotta get that puffin app done by the 12th. :) inb

feed

skowh

Sat me me Sat 32 S wa 98 Female 06/06/1989 Batala, Punjab, India United States Michigan State University East Lansing MI, USSept 2007 - May 2011 BFA, Studio Art, BFA, Art Education May 2011 Centrum Emerging Artist Residency, Centrum, Port Townsend, WA

ArtBridge Fellowship, Pratt Fine Arts Center, Seattle, WA

Community Collaboration Intern, Penland School of Craft, Penland, NC, USA, USA, USA Julia Freeman Davida Ingram Susan Goethell Campbell n n n n n n jfreeman@gmail.com suegoeth@gmail.com

Shame 2016 handburnt paper, plastic sheeting 120x60 in

Scaffolding

Stories Told, Forgotten

Insufficient Vessels

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:39 AM

Tile spacers

Colonize My Body

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:40 AM

face

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Photoshop CC on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:49 AM

1200 Skowhegan

_SatpreetKahlKahlon_S_01 Images

1200Kahlon_S_02

1200

1200

1200

37 1200

1200

1200

12008

1200

1200

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:58 AM

face

but as an artist, if you move out of a city, your ability to show work and be with your tfw

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:59 AM

‘that feel when’

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 1:59 AM

tfw meme

2016

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:00 AM

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:16 AM

image list

Burning, Still 2016 Jan Plastic sheeting, hand burnt paper 60x120x6 IN word in the middle is “sharam,” which means shame in Punjabi (my first language)

Believe Me (1 of 2) Jan 2016 Plastic sheeting, weaving yarn 40x30x3IN 1 of 2 pieces, one which spells out BURDEN with the weaving yarn hanging in front of the plastic sheeting, the other with the weaving yarn hanging behind the plastic sheeting

Monolith/Memory March 2016 February Found PVC frame, wax, thread, plastic 96x48x12IN

Finding Value November 2016 Tile spacers, weaving yarn, gaffer’s tape 10x22x8 IN Beginning of a new body of work exploring the creation of value through adornment

Colonize My Body5 Pillars of White Supremacy (1 of 5) April 2016 Wood, fabric 48x38 IN x1 Part of a larger project entitled The Coaltion of Docile and Agreeable Women of Color for the Continuation and Propogation of White Fragility

Absorption/Regret July 2016 Found object, weaving yarn, iron pipe, cording, staples 108x48x36 IN Part of a body of work exploring the third culture that is created at the meeting of craft and fine art, domestic and industrial materials, and the Ethnocentric and Eurocentric culture experience

Uprooted/Embedded July 2016 PlanOrganic material, weaving yarn, found plastic frames 38x52x46 IN

Monument of SurvivalSeptember 2016 Found wooden frames, thread, tape 108x60x72 IN

Insufficient Vessels August 2016 Porcelain 32x5x40 IN Porcelain vessels made by piping found and collected oral histories from womxn of colore

Stories Told, Forgotten (installatioin view July 2016 August August Porcelain hand burnt fabric, salt 72x60x210 IN Citizenskowhegan

4500

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Finder on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:17 AM

turbo

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:20 AM

27958 1Myself Grand Image Satpreet Kahlon Studios (se6019

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Calculator on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:20 AM

27958-6019

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:34 AM

21939 21939 0 docs

29149 32 28 Smart Ventures Grant 950 4Culture Individual Artist GranOffice of Arts & Culture Seattle 0 950 1250 1250 Artist Trust Gap Grant 0 1500 0 0 0 0 0 0 Satinb

julia

206-853-9124 Co-curator, The Alice Gallery Davida Ingram davida

david 206-915-3389 CuratoCo-curator, The Alice Gallery, Seattle, WA

Visiting curator (upcoming in 2017), SOI(upcoming) Gallery, Seattle, W

Teaching Artist, Seattle Art Museum, Seattle, WA - 2015-Current - 2016-Current -201Sept Oct - Oct 2017 - Sept 2016 - Sept 2017 7 - May - Sept 2012Satpreet Kahlon Dec 5 2016chasegursewak96 100 t

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:37 AM

inb

f

Wow. This is amazing. Thank you.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 2:42 AM

Puffin Grant App (Dec 12 Hom —

Pratt Install (Jan 6) Deliverables:

Minted Competition (Dec 8)

30% Bellevue commission check (Jan 30)

Tracy Install (Dec 15

The Alice show (April 1)

SOIL Show (July 1)

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:11 PM

soil I got so excited about this email that I forwarded it to my mom and then forgot to reply —

THANK YOU THANK YOU for taking a risk on this proposal. This shit is gonna be soooo good. And it’s gonna make people mad. And that’s partially (but not at all wholly) why it will be soooo good.

Excited to work with y’all! cal

QUOTA @ SOIL!!!!!!!!!30 fa

tum

robin robin he

davida “where would you like to show?” I’ve been thinking about that question a lot since you asked it, or rather, I’ve been thinking about my lack of answer a lot since you asked — I don’t know what that reveals about me. Maybe a lack of focus, maybe a lack of knowledge, maybe just an inclination to look right in front of me or very far away, maybe something completely different.

I’m not sure. But I do think I’ve landed on an answer: The Frye. I don’t know what will happen to it now that Jo-Anne is leaving (Although, to be honest, I didn’t realize she was so great until she announced she was stepping down and I looked into what she was all about), but I would love to be showing work there in a few years. I get the sense that artists have had a sense of agency with their work there, but obviously it’s also the kind of institution that lends validity and status to an artist’s CV.

Btw, I have something for you that I’ve had packed up to give to you since the summer. Too fragile to ship, but I never have it with me when I see you. Someday.

It was wonderful seeing you/hearing your thoughts on Saturday. I loved basically everything you said, particularly what you said about the circumstances that would pull us apart vs bring us together — like atoms. I like that combination (doesn’t everyone?), and I would like to add my name to the list of names that have shown there.

So that’s my answer. For real this time. :)investigating and acknowledging face

birnietumymo

inb

face

22omg look at this thread. a dream come true.inb

l

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM

Whoa

Yay! All the winter smells!

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:12 PM

hbo

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:15 PM

Whoa! That’s beautiful!!

And that would look so fucking awesome around your neck

A little understated, but still good. :)

t

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:18 PM

ne

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:23 PM

Haha. Unfortunately, I don’t think I’m applying to any Midwest ones.

Looking at Art Institute Chicago, but it’s so expensive.

Right now, I am most interested in Yale, Hunter, VCU, and maybe RISD.

Virginia Commonwealth — sorr Yes! A friend really sold me on it last weekend.

Basically it’s the underfunded step child of Columbia, so youIt’s cheap, which makes it competitive, which makes your peers good artists, and it’s a three year program that offers you the flexibility of working part-time to make money, it’s super critically engaged, and there’s no funding, so students have to figure out everything for themselves, which leads to a super DIY atmosphere.

Sounds interesting. I like the underdogAnd super diverse in terms of age and race and class. Do you kow anything about it?

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:26 PM

inb

face

saic mfa

racehel meginnes

mica mfa

sc

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:36 PM

Yeah we should see.

And I have librarian glasses. I’ll take a pic.

Hey Jeff! Let me know when I can pick up the work and if it’s possible to work out a glaze firing later this week/early next week. I got all sorts of cash money to throw your way (and by all sorts I mean a little)

!!!

So close! Joj

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:41 PM

queen sugar

watch queen

grammy chance the

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:42 PM

My deadline is actually on the 15th and I need to pick up my bisque stuff before then. I can get it glazed elsewhere, but let me know when I can pick up my stuff. Thanks! unfortunately, I need to grab my stuff. Let me know what the most convenient time for you would be.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM

kim’s c

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:48 PM

In the kiln. It was supposed to be out on Mon was supposed to pick it up on Monday but Chloe

in

chloe

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:49 PM

said there was some sort fo delay/she was busy… I’m not sure what happened.

I dropped it off Sunday We started the kiln Sunday morning.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 5:50 PM

kims convenience online

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:07 PM

Yeah let me know what time

I’m in Queen Anne — and I had two shelves of pieces — about 40 total, but they’re small

I don’t need help Wait. I don’t need to load anythingOkay, so should I plan on picking up tomorrow morning?

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:17 PM

fa

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:25 PM

Okay. Let me know when on Thursday morning., no problem, that works too.when you want me to come by.

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 7:47 PM

ica sc best mica mfa sculpture

min

mint

face

inb

f

fAnd look at you, discrediting something you clearly know nothing about. Privilege and access to the music industry aside, this is a great album. No matter where it came from, I value that.But you keep doing you.Her class privilege and access to the music industry is undeniable

but this album is so critically successful because it isrulyare factsAnd class privilege does not negate her struggles as a woman of color.

bana al

lol. oh darling, as someone who teaches about, reads about, and consistently is working to learn more about social inequalities, and with someone with 27 years of lived experience as a woman of color, IOgets paid to speak about, , specifically those that face women of color in a neocolonial worldbe rest assured that I would annihilate whatever inane trolling argument you think you’re starting here. But who has the time? (Besides you, I meanx Have a good life. <3

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Notes on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Generic trolling response:

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:34 PM

inb

cr

artit studio

tribal chairman

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Messages on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:35 PM

Typed by Satpreet Kahlon in Google Chrome on Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:36 PM